Micro-needling is a skin treatment that uses a special electric needling machine to break down damaged skin and old scar tissue. This process stimulates the skin cells to produce new elastin and collagen to replace the damaged skin. Micro-needling can be an excellent way to get newly glowing skin, and it can help with many different skin issues.
What Conditions Can Micro-Needling Help With?
Micro-needling can help with a variety of skin problems.
- Acne Scarring: One of the most popular uses for micro-needling is the reduction or removal of mild to moderate acne scars. Whether the scars are new or old, micro-needling has been found to be a very effective way to break down the tough scar tissue so that it can be smoothed out with the fresh collagen and elastin growth. The depressions will be filled in, making skin smooth like it was before the acne scars.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Many people complain of fine lines and wrinkles as they age, and micro-needling can be an excellent solution. Lines are smoothed away and filled in, making skin look fresher and younger.
- Loose Skin: Micro-needling can improve the overall quality of the skin because it stimulates the growth of elastin. Elastin gives skin the elasticity that it is lacking and can make the skin look more youthful and vibrant.
- Skin Texture Issues: Micro-needling can help improve skin texture overall. Even people without lines, scars, or wrinkles sometimes suffer from other issues like rough skin texture. Skin can look brighter, smoother, and feel better after micro-needling treatments.
- Stretch Marks: Stretch marks leave small depressions or raised areas on the skin. Micro-needling is especially good for stretch mark treatment because it can break down the tough raised tissue and fill in the depressed areas with new collagen growth.
How Does Micro-Needling Work?
The micro-needling device is a small medical device that is around the size of a pen. The end of the device contains a closely set group of 12 tiny needles. These fine needles are used to stimulate the skin via tiny punctures, which creates a controlled skin injury. Every small puncture forms a channel that prompts the body to fill in those small wounds with brand new collagen and elastin via the process of neovascularization and neocollagenesis.
Micro-needling does not require any major recovery time. Skin may be pink or reddish for between 12 and 48 hours, but this will resolve quickly. For the first 2 to 3 days after treatment, patients should avoid AHAs, which include products like glycolic acid or retinol. It is best to avoid sun exposure for at least several days post-treatment, and to use zinc based sunblock to protect skin after that. Micro-needling can be done around every 4 to 6 weeks until the desired results are achieved.
Ready to Get Younger and Smoother Looking Skin?
Concerned about skin issues like lines, wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, loose skin? Micro-needling may be the solution you have been looking for. This non-surgical solution can give you the beautiful skin that you’ve always wanted.